Monday, September 17, 2012

E Headstones

For our new visitors, this blog is a sister-site of The Lawrence Register, which is (the most southerly tip of the state of Ohio, where Kentucky and West Virginia meet, forming the Tri-State) Lawrence County Ohio website for genealogy and history. We started our site in early 1996 and have loved every minute of compiling information. Our mission is to help those who do not have the means to visit our county, but desire to research their family history.

This blog will be a host just to the old headstone photos of Lawrence County, Ohio. Over the years I have collected thousands of tombstone pictures that I have taken, plus many others that have been donated by our wonderful volunteers.

The best way to find where the headstones are located, is to go to this link: Index of persons buried in Lawrence County, Ohio.

 I am sure some will not be posted there, but when a lot of the pictures were donated to me, the locations were not included. I know that is a big issue, but rather than just let these photos sit on my computer, I decided to at least post them for those that have been searching for their ancestor's headstones. I hope it will help someone to get birth/death dates or additional information that you might not have had before.

Take a look around, leave me your comments, suggestions or complaints. I would love to hear from you.

Martha J. Martin, The Lawrence Register

1 comment:

  1. My university project inculdes work on all the ways visitors may arrive at a website. Please see our burial site and cremation process page http://www.oaklandcemeteryburials.com/tag/graveyard/

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Visiting Our Website and Please Come Back Again Soon!